Skip to content
- The treadmill has a padded surface that is easy on the joints so as not to cause unnecessary strain on the body. This makes the treadmill a good piece of exercise equipment for those who are aging.
- Treadmills have a visual display which will allow you to see all of your results right there in front of your face. What you will see are things such as how many calories you’ve lost, what speed you are walking or running, your heart rate, your mileage, etc. Seeing all of this data can serve as a motivation as you will see that your work is really paying off!
- You won’t have to worry about tripping or falling over pebbles or having your ankle twisted because your foot got caught in a whole when you run on a treadmill. As these are the things you’d have to deal with and worry about when running or jogging outdoors, the treadmill keeps you free from such worries.
- You can set the speed at which you’ll exercise so as to optimize the amount of energy your body puts out. This will help you avoid unnecessary strain.
- Treadmills, depending on which kind you have, can enable you to face the TV and watch a favorite show or movie while working out. This will help the time fly by faster making your workout more enjoyable as you won’t be paying too much attention to what you are doing hoping the time will hurry up and fly by. Just think of it. You could never do this outdoors. Some treadmills, today, even contain a small built in flat screen TV.
- Treadmills are a healthy way to work out as you can adjust the settings to what is comfortable for you.
- Should you want your workout to be a bit more difficult forcing you to work harder; you can adjust the incline simulating a hill outdoors.